Today is a classic example. I planned so much but nothing goes my way. We can plan all we want but Allah is the best planner.
My plan for today’s break fast was to make homemade fishballs but the ntuc near my house is out of mackerel so I end up with the ready made fishballs. I was think of frying cencaru sambal and serve with sambal kicap but no cencaru so I bought bawal hitam instead. I will just fry it with turmeric, salt and abit of chili paste.
- 1 Chicken cube
- A packet of leafy veggie of your choice
- 2 Carrots
- 1 packet of Fishballs
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 sliced spring onions
- 1 tbsp of Fried shallots
- About 1 liter of Water
- Heat a little bit of oil and add the garlic
- Stir for a few mins add chicken cube and about a liter of water
- Add carrots cook until its tender an then add the leafy veg and fishballs
- Bring it to boil. Add the sliced spring onions and fried shallots and of the heat
- Serve it with white rice
- Fish of your choice (I used bawal)
- 2tsp of turmeric powder
- 2tsp of blended chili
- Marinate the fish with turmeric powder, blended chili & salt. Put it aside for 15mins or so
- Heat oil and fry the fish until golden brown.
- Take it out dap with kitchen paper serve it with sambal kicap
- A handful of fresh chili/chili padi
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- Sweet soy sauce
- Lime juice
- I used to pound the ingredients but I’m just too lazy
- Put everything in the blender and blend.
- Sweetness, sourness & spicyness depends on your liking
For the sambal kicap there’s no right or wrong. It depends on your preference. You can add more or you can reduce the flavor.
Another way to eat sambal kicap is sliced onion, sliced chili, some sweet soy sauce and lime juice and mix it. This also can be the dipping sauce for the fried fish.